Monday, June 06, 2005

The Necessity of Compliance

This post is especially dedicated to my dear (though few) readers who prefer "My Life" by Kelly Jo to "Thoughts and Rants" by an English Major.

This past weekend was lovely. Friday, I attended High School Awards Night at Bo & BB's school. They both did exceptionally well this year. While there, I got a chance to talk to a good friend of mine who is entering the novitiate for an order in Spain. If all goes well with his visa (pray!), then he'll be in blacks in a month. I'm incredibly excited for him and pray that God will bless him as he moves into the next stage of his education, training, and spiritual preparation.
Saturday, I went to Mass and out to coffee with my fellow writing/lit. analytical enthusiast. I miss the luxury of late-night chats and debates in the Basement, but we still have another year for that. :) The rest of the day was spent doing all the things I ignore all the rest of the week, which somehow take up an obnoxiously large amount of time. I also got to take a nice long walk with Goober and pick flowers and feed horses and experience the joys of being with an eight-year-old who doesn't have a care in the world and sees (almost) everything as beautiful!
Yesterday, this tall German guy stopped by my house, so I spent a restful afternoon hiking a bit, visiting Ted, and hanging out with him. :) Could a girl have a nicer weekend?


[Sorry that's all for now Dorothy...]
P.S. Since some people have problems with their name being displayed all over the net, I'll use nick-names in this and further posts unless given express permission by the individuals themselves to stop being cryptic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Skyminder said...

I prefer both.

6/08/2005 8:18 PM  
Blogger Skyminder said...

You can use my name, but I have to warn you: your blogsite will immediately receive ten thousand hits from all the Franciscan University Girls that have major crushes on me.

6/08/2005 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home