Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Satisfied

Hey ya’ll- I’m back after a very busy weekend and hope you’re all doing well. This weekend I had the privilege to visit NC with Larry, Justin, and Colin. I had a great time with Larry’s family and the guys! It was lovely to have some time to relax with wonderful people, and for once, my friends, it was actually sunny on a day that I was outside of my office cell. While there, I hiked, enjoyed good food & conversation, saw the beaver probably twice as many times as my hopeful guy friends with their traps and bows, ate real Crispy Cream donuts, and was permitted to actually hold and try to use a golf club and a pellet rifle (but not at the same time). Believe it or not, my luck with both the club and gun was a bit better than my expertise with skipping stones (ahem). I arrived back home late Sunday night tired, but happy, and completely unwilling to charge into another work week. Yet, it arrived Monday morning on schedule and so did I . . . mostly. Today though, I got to work on a larger variety of projects, and Patrick took us interns out for Chinese for lunch, so life is good. [It’s good for other reasons too, but those helped.]
However, I do have a couple of prayer intentions to ask of you guys. I have a friend that’s been having a rough time lately, so prayers for her would be greatly appreciated. Also, my cousin Becky suddenly went blind in one eye and became half paralyzed yesterday. She has a new husband and baby, so I’m sure this is all really scary for them. Pray for wisdom for the doctors that they’ll know what’s wrong and be able to help her. God bless you all and enjoy the rest of your week.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Fonz said...

I can attest to the fact that Kel's skill with the club and gun are better than her skipping stone skills. In fact, I probably still have the bruise to prove it...

7/13/2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Thanks Lars, I'm flattered. ;)

7/13/2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Filia Dei said...

Um, sorry to interrupt this provacative discussion, but do you mind sharing an update on how your cousin is doing? Just wondering...

7/18/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Thanks for your prayers Filia Dei- I actually just got an update yesterday on her condition- apparently it was all just the side effect of a really intense migrane. They got rid of that and the paralysis and blindness disapeared as well. I'm so glad it was nothing more serious, it certainly seemed as if it might have been! God is good!

7/19/2005 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home