Saturday, August 27, 2005

Busy Bee

The first week of school has been a rush and I already have between 400-500 pages of reading due for next week (I love being an English major). However, I have four day weekends to keep me sane and to do LOTS of reading over.


This Friday, Larry and I took off after breakfast and headed up to Sky Meadows. It's a really beautiful park and receives a lot less tourist attention than Skyline/Shenandoah. After a beautiful hike through a quiet, forested hillside, a gorgeous view of farms, lakes, and blue-hazed mountains is spread out below you.


Last night, a bunch of us watched "The Notebook." (Even though we skipped the bad scenes, I wouldn't recommend it. It drives me crazy when they try and make a cute romance movie based on lust-driven relationship.) Then, we played Ultimate Frisbee for a while before girl-chat time back in the dorms. Ergo, I tried to get a ton of reading accomplished this afternoon before the Luau tonight. I love the rush of beginning of the year events before we all fall into the normal school rut and routine, at the same time though, I suppose sanity has some worth . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger coiledrose said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!

8/29/2005 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Adrienne said...

Kelly, I give you my permission to mention me, little me, on your blog. Unless you're worried about this detracting from your number of daily visitors...

9/07/2005 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Elwood said...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

9/07/2005 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Jake said...

Hit it.

9/07/2005 7:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

i love random visitors :S
really guys- i will post again soon - this week has been insanely busy!

9/08/2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home