Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Cliff Notes That Got Too Close to the Edge

This is one of those sites that brightens a sleepy workday and distracts you from doing more worthwhile things like actually reading the books themselves. It condenses classic books to a handful of lines from the main characters. On the linked sites on the page they have movies and children's books similarly abbreviated. My thanks to the Peeping Thomists for introducing me to another source of lunch break amusement (I can only laugh at/with my co-workers so long before my smile muscles hurt and I start to cry and need something more calming.) ;)

Book-A-Minute Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Adrienne said...

I am glad that your smile muscles hurt you once in a while. A little pain is good for everyone. Just like reading real books is. Trust me, you should try it sometime. I come here often and yet this is the first time this whole summer I've put up a post. You should be proud you have one from me!

8/03/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Yay! I love when lurkers let me know that they exist and say hi! Thanks for visiting Adrienne.

I love how you have to tell an English major to read real books - trust me, I'll be reading plenty next semester (thesis, plus engl. novel, plus dostoyevski & the russian novel, plus engl 301--I'm gonna need specs if I'm not careful!).

8/03/2005 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home