Monday, August 08, 2005

Discriminated Against


"That of which we do not speak"

"The heart of darkness"

"demonic hands on the ends of your legs"

"Suessville incarnate"

"Monsters"

"The center of the culture of death"

These and other cruel names are often applied to an innocent source of comfort. Discriminated against, shy, hiding in the recesses of a dark drawer, yet longing to be useful and appreciated and comforting the cold feet of their owners--this is the life of toe socks in a world full of critical men . . .

What is it with guys and their eternal hatred of toe socks? They are merely an advancement in fashion that recognizes the importance and uniqueness of the individual toe. The wide variety of colors and styles further assists in the all-important expression of creative personality.


[Can you tell I've been reading too much politically correct lingo at work??? Ok, I'm done ranting now . . . ]

7 Comments:

Blogger The Fonz said...

pfft...all I can say is that you'll be smoking a pipe long before you see me wearing toe socks.

8/08/2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Skyminder said...

Kelly Jo, that is just gross. And wrong. And disturbing. And illegal. I don't think "heart of darkness" so much as "icky dance." They definitely qualify. . .

-Skyminder

8/08/2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger glblztn said...

Good writing, but perhaps, you could pick a more important topic for your talents. Like poverty, or a million other subjects. Of course, humor is important too. Keep it up.

8/08/2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

I'm not sure if you're a frequent or random visitor but . . . I initially began this blog site specifically to NOT talk about "poverty" or other more abstract concepts. I do that plenty in papers at school. I wanted to teach myself how to write about life, about the things I know. Unless you can first write about the things you know well, you'll never be a truely good writer about anything else. You can sound important and use nice language and complex grammatical structures, but you won't develop that unique quality/style/perspective that makes your writing unique (and yet also universal.) This blog is really a peek under my basket, a glimpse of my life and the way things strike me. I didn't set out to be funny or profound or personal or universal, but life is all those things. When I occasionally represent life well, the writing may absorb some of the entertaining qualities of the moment. I write all this publicly to keep in touch with friends and possibly to amuse a few random visitors. If I succeed, great; if not, I apologize and you should visit some of the blogs on my Friend's List on the sidebar for some truely profound thoughts.

8/09/2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger Skyminder said...

You tell 'em Kelly. Don't let no blogvisitor give you no crap. Besides, on the grand scheme of things, toe socks really are exceedingly evil. You really are writing about cosmic stuff!

-Skyminder

8/09/2005 5:57 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Thank you for your heartfelt sarcasm. I always appreciate supportive comments to my posts, especially since you, as a guy, are helping me prove my point that guys really have an almost universal mania about this inovative footwear. ;)

8/11/2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Wow- with a title like that and publishing during a lunch break I got 55 site hits on Monday alone--that's rediculous.

8/11/2005 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home