Friday, August 05, 2005

Full Grammatical Gamut

Last night, I stopped by Beth's apartment to see her and Ariel before heading home from a choir practice (my voice is dead--I haven't sung in WAY too long!) They easily roped me in to watching The Usual Suspects with them and Mr & Dr. M. Though I don't think I could easily recommend the movie (the f-word was used in every grammatical structure and fragment possible as well as plenty of other crude scraps of gutter-lingo), but the plot was really intriguing and I really enjoyed the performance of some of the actors. And of course, we girls ended up talking about truth, beauty, art, and literature/writing until about midnight when iI left to drive home. Hanging out with those two girls is an instant recipe for disaster where my bed-time is concerned. But, in return I gain priceless joy derived from good conversation and company and an intellectual haven where I'm not afraid to spout ideas and to have others help me to develop them. On a lighter note [oh gosh, really bad unintentional pun looking back at my intro phrase], though I don't smoke now and never plan on starting, the movie almost made me wish I had picked up one of those snazzy silver flip-lighters in Rome . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Skyminder said...

Next thing you know, it'll be pipesmoking: day in, day out, in bed, in the kitchen, at work, at school, in the classroom. Tut tut.

-Skyminder

8/05/2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Dear sir, I in no way intend or am inclined toward picking up the bad habits of my Yankee friends. Honestly, me smoking a pipe! That's even less likely than ya'll visiting Christendom next semester to see us [hehe, see now they'll come! I miss Steubie people!]

8/05/2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger Filia Dei said...

OOHH can I come!!

Besides wanting to invote myself to VA, just wanted to note that the Roman flip lighters are usually confiscated at the air port, according to a source close to the case.

After all, we don't want to have to be bailing for the whole next semester's class out of Italian transport jail

8/08/2005 4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe (monogamy) is realistic. But, I believe that we, as...
"I don't believe is realistic. But, I believe that we, as people, have the power to make it happen.
Great blog! I'll be back
I have a ##WEDDING PHOTOS NORTHAMPTON## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEDDING PHOTOS NORTHAMPTON## related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8/08/2005 5:32 AM  
Blogger The Fonz said...

Whoa nelly. I wish I had more random comments like that on my blog site.

I didn't know that you had seen The Usual Suspects! I wouldn't recommend the movie to most Christendom students and the like, but otherwise I'd say it's a great movie. Benicio Del Toro and Kevin Spacey are a couple of the most talented actors out there. Unfortunately, you discover that they're both a little "morally misguided" when it comes to some of the movies they've appeared in.

8/08/2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Skyminder said...

Evelyn Waugh has some hilarious things to say about the full grammatical use of said obscenity. It's either in PUT OUT MORE FLAGS or BLACK MISCHIEF, and more probably the former.

-Skyminder

8/08/2005 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home