Thursday, August 04, 2005

Quilt Squares from the Thought Rag Bag

* I've begun to realize why people don't mind living in crazy places that aren't as beautiful or temperate as my home state . . . When people live in a temperature controlled environment at home and under the hypnotising fluorescent lights at work, weather only affects them in the form of driving conditions. So sad--people, get out and take a breath of fresh air every so often. People were not meant to stay inside all the times staring at lit screens that ruin their eyesight. [Yes, I can't wait until I'm back in the mountains in two weeks.]

* Tonight I get to go up to F.R. & practice with a small choir for an upcoming wedding. There is something magical about singing with a group of friends--especially when you're singing to God together. That sounds cliche, but perhaps it's just that the combination of "when two or more are gathered in my Name, there I am in the midst of them" and "singing is praying twice." I've always loved to pray through music: through the lyrics and through the pure beauty of it. Unfortunately, I think I'll be too busy to serve in choir this coming semester. I'll just have to fool around on my guitar and jump into random small group choirs for special events so I don't wither and die for lack of musical company. :)

* My friend Becca is going to spend a year in India spreading the Word of God; and another friend, Anna, is dedicating a year to mission work with Regnum Christi. Both of them will be sent out sometime this month. Please pray for them that God will use them as effective instruments for the furthering of His Kingdom!

* Last weekend, I got together/talked with a bunch of friends (individually as well as in groups). Thank you to the people who arranged the group stuff (AJ & Becca). And to all my friends I got to catch up with . . . you all are awesome. I loved seeing you and can't wait to share another year at school with most of you!

* For those who didn't hear, Susan Torres' baby was born! Thanks be to God for people, like the Torres family and all those who supported them, who are willing to stand up in the face of the culture of death and do what is difficult but right. What a contrast to the advocates of Terri Schiavo's death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home