Friday, September 23, 2005

Constant Excitement

God's so good - He gives me all sorts of fun little surprises every day to keep things interesting and lively. Here are just a few of the outstanding ones...

I was on duty and not only did all my girls get their shoes stolen and put in the gym by the soccer guys during the major speaker but we also got a nice little 3am surprise. At that charming hour of the morning, the fire alarm began to blare. I sprang out of bed, yelled, "Tony get up!" (knowing that if it was real, my roomie would be roasted before thinking of waking up), and rushed into the hall to find one of my girls frantically pulling very burnt popcorn out of the microwave. I have this theory that if you're too tired to plug 30 sec. instead of 30 min. into a microwave, then you're probably not lucid enough to be absorbing much from your late night test vigil. About half of my girls never woke up through the whole ordeal - note to self...

Larry and I got caught in a glorious downpour, complete with lightning crashes sudden and close enough to make me squeal once--I'm glad Larry gets so much amusement out of my dork moments.

There are three bears on campus (mom and two cubs). Try warning 30 freshmen girls about that and keeping them sane at the same time. We also have had a lovely infestation of skunks all the sudden. Why can't we just have a sudden increase of butterflies or quail or something pretty and innocent on campus? Oh well . . . (but of course I'd like to see the bears--how cool would that be?)

I'm going to San Francisco with Larry and my family! Kinda a last minute thing--but I'm psyched. Dad has a singing gig over there and we decided to tag along since we found beautifully cheap airline tickets.

This year's canoe trip rocked! I spent a lot of time in the water, and we helped a bunch of friends enjoy the same pleasure. ;)

Lastly, happy feast of St. Padre Pio! God bless all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna-Katie said...

I love you, Kel.

Miss you!

9/25/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger coiledrose said...

Hey, sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. When are you heading out to sunny CA? And how come I have to read your blog to get all the cool updates?!? Geez, send me an email *wink* and tell CA boy, NC boy, or whatever state he's claiming this week that I said hi and to take care of my favorite curly-haired, quasi roommate! I'll be seeing you next Friday. :)

9/29/2005 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home