Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bliss

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, I did--well, about 90% of it was lovely.

I spent a lot of time sleeping. That was the first really good and productive thing that I accomplished. I'd recommend it for anyone.

On Thanksgiving itself we celebrated with my Mom's side of the family. They all cook excellently and I really enjoyed talking to my relatives and my cousin's grandparents who are a wonderful Italian couple. They always make me miss Rome.

Friday, I went to go and see the new Pride and Prejudice movie. I did go in with some prejudice against the main actress and I do have a bit of intellectual pride when it comes to sensitivity in Jane Austen interpretation, so I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. As a modern chick flick it was wonderful (compared to the average mass produced romantic sludge); as an interpretation of Austen, it was miserable. I'm glad I saw it once, but I won't be returning. Ok, end of rant . . .

Saturday, I got into a car accident. On the way home, I stopped and then slowly proceeded through a four way stop. Another car flew toward the intersection, failed to stop at the stop sign and darted through, missing my car by perhaps a few feet. That, therefore, was not the situation of the accident, but it could have been. My accident occurred 15 min. later as I pulled into my driveway. I looped around the gravel turnaround in the dark, as I have a million times before. However, this time I managed to cut the curve too tight (note, I was going fairly slowly too) and hit the back side of the van on a tree that sits right on the edge of the road. Brilliant, perfectly brilliant. I think I'll stop praying for humility for a while.

That evening, I attended a very ritzy piano bar with my dad and his boss and his boss' wife. After a while, a guy and a girl singer go up to the piano and begin a night of pleasant, group karaoke with songs from musicals, Sinatra, and other genres appropriate to the snazzy atmosphere and both Dad and my taste. We, of course, sang along, and Daddy, being the incredible vocalist that he is, entertained us with a couple solos. And I was mistaken for my Dad's girlfriend AGAIN. We need to start taking Mom out with us more. Overall, very fun evening.

Monday, I was back at school and doing something no one should ever ever do . . . writing a 11 page research paper in 24 hours. Never, ever again. It happened, but I'm not sure what it said; I hope it was brilliant . . . Ok, so I'm an extreme optimist--don't pop my bubble, it's pretty in here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

It's pretty in bubble only because you are in there. Otherwise, it would just be another plain bubble.

Love you!

12/06/2005 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home