Friday, December 30, 2005

A Beautiful Feast Day


I hope you and your families all had a blessed Feast of the Holy Family!

(I love how excited Joseph looks in this painting and how serenely joyful Mary is.)


On this beautiful feast day, I had the privilege to attend my friend Erin's wedding. She looked positively radiant as she walked up the aisle to meet her wonderful (now) husband, John. I'm sure they will be happy together. I love the way he makes her smile, laugh, and talk all the time when he's around. He's really kind and has always made a point to reach out to Erin's friends and chat with us. Congratulations you guys!

It's a little funny watching girls and guys you've known since 5th, 6th, and 7th grade find an incredible counterpart and soul-mate and then get caught up in the tizzy of wedding prep, slow down for two seconds during a beautiful Mass in which they sacramentally bind themselves to each other for the rest of their lives, and then before long they're calling me saying, "Guess what I'm pregnant!" And I remember when they got braces, talked about their ideal guy, and started smacking each other with pillows at a "sleep"-over. . . wow. I'm so glad God's in charge of all of this and not me--He does a beautiful job. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home