Monday, January 09, 2006

Musings

Prepare for a post that is positively disconnected but wanted to be written anyhow . . .

I've realized that perhaps I could do office work and simultaneously keep my sanity. I wondered if this was possible last summer. I'm working the same internship, but increasing daily Mass attendance (really, I love waking up early *cough*), exercising for an hour+ about five days a week, and the exchange of a horrible monitor with a big beautiful new one (aka-I'm not loosing my vision this time) all combine for a much more positive experience. I've also been teaching myself to make jpg images/clip art that I can use for web-design and working a lot more on the navigational structure and layout of our web-page. Nothing huge, but I really like playing with the graphics stuff. Another career door to leave open I suppose.

Switching gears completely, Beth came to visit last weekend. It was lovely to catch up with her and to spend time goofing around with her and Nora. We played games, sang, had tickle fights, and attempted to make gingerbread men. We followed the recipe perfectly, but somehow ended up with really sticky dough. We shoved it back in the fridge and Nora and I will try to amend it later. Meanwhile, our hands became full of the stuff--the swamp monster skin tasted delicious!

Last night, my family went to dinner and a Christmas lights display with my Pop-Pop and Grandma to celebrate my dad's birthday (a little belatedly). It was wonderful to see my grandparents again. Please pray for my Pop-Pop. He has to decide rather soon whether he's going to get a hip operation (fairly high-risk at his age) or not. I think the thought of possibly leaving everyone (we're a BIG close-knit family) scares him. Pray that Jesus will help him to make the right decision.

Now, I have only a few days before the big FOCUS retreat and starting back to school. I have a million and one things to do before then! Though I've had a very relaxing and rewarding break, it will be wonderful to see everyone again and to face the challenges of a new semester, a new schedule, new girls on my favorite dorm floor, and applying all the things I've learned over break to my busy school schedule. I also plan to stay sane this semester, so as long as I am actually accomplishing thesis stuff and other work at some point, my friends have full permission to kidnap me and make me take time-out from my "I want to know, learn, do, & be involved in everything obsession."

3 Comments:

Blogger coiledrose said...

Glad to hear you're doing well dearie. Great about the mission trip funds. Talk to you soon.

1/09/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Filia Dei said...

Thanks for visiting me a while back! And I'm still catching up with you, but looks promising: thanks for sharing the lights and shadows in your life, too: I tend to hide mine behind other people's paintings...

1/11/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

My pleasure--welcome back. Someday we should meet for real...

1/11/2006 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home