Thursday, January 05, 2006

To Be Like a Child

My little sister Nora has a beautifully generous heart. She never thinks twice about sharing her possessions, money, time, or talents when she sees a need. The other day, she was counting up her Christmas money and looked up to ask me, "Kel, for your mission trip, do people have to give big amounts of money or just anything?" My head buried in the closet, I replied, "Hun, every little bit counts. Anything people are willing to give to the poor is a good gift, even if it's small." She then said, "Can I tithe from my Christmas money for your trip then, since you're going to help the poor people? It's only a few dollars though." I smiled and hugged her and exclaimed, "Of course!" If only all the Catholics of America remembered to tithe out of the blessings God has bestowed on them, charities would have no problems financially in their quest to do good in our world.

3 Comments:

Blogger coiledrose said...

She's a sweetie. Tell her I said HI! It was great hanging out last night. Take care, luv.

1/05/2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Sylvia said...

Eeek! I need to raise some money........

1/06/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Little kids are nice like that.

1/06/2006 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home