Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow Day

There is something positively breath-taking about a snowy day, and it's not just the bone-chilling air! God graced us with about half a foot of perfect packing snow on Saturday. At school we had the traditional Valentine's Dinner for the ladies, and the guys did a lovely job serving us and writing poems, as usual. Afterwards, the girls all headed back to start getting ready for the Valentine's Dance that night. I, on the other hand, went back to my room, played guitar, and was bumming around thinking about how I should be getting dressed up but didn't really want to at the moment when Beth burst in the door exclaiming, "Hey! Wanna tramp through the snow with me?" I offered a few of the most pathetic excuses ever out of habit and then promptly donned snow gear and sallied forth with my dear friend. The snow was as yet untouched and glistened in the early twilight. Beth and I ran, slid, and tromped off towards Kelly's Field. Poor Fred and AJ happened to be in our way and left our company slightly frostier than when they entered it. As Beth and I continued, we realized that Kevin's dorm was only a few yards further--great minds think alike. We walked up (well, after ditching under a tree as Larry drove by), threw a snowball at the window, and asked, "Hey guys, wanna play?" Larry, Pat, and Geoff immediately came pouring out the door and commenced a 20 min. or so guys vs. girls fight (it was mostly fair b/c they didn't have gloves). It was a blast--reminded me of freshman year a bit. At the end, the guys went back in to try and remember what it feels like to know that you have hands and we ran back to get dressed up. Oh yeah, the dance was fun too. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna-Katie said...

snoooow, glorious snow!

2/20/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Yes, I heard about this from your sidekick that night. I bet it was fun. It snowed again today and I bet I could totally take you at a snowball fight!

2/22/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home