Monday, February 06, 2006

Up-date

Ok, here's a quick blog on my last few "up-dates" (you know, days [date part] where you're just really happy to be alive [up part]). *insert canned laughter*

Last weekend was a blast:
--Katrina came up, so I couldn't be a total hermit and study 24/7.
--AJ asked me to sing with him for Cup O'Coeli. We performed "Danny's Song," "Sunshine on Your Shoulders," and "Time of Your Life." Lots of fun (and I tried not to obsess too much about not being perfectly prepared and not having a monitor, etc.)!
--I spent an evening working out with some of the girls on my floor--they're such cool people & I love working out with other people (I know, typical sanguine) because it makes it more fun. (Though the people who I usually offer up the little bits of suffering, extra exertion, and sweat for probably get forgotten more.)
--A bunch of us chilled out in Coeli last night singing, talking, eating ice-cream, and rebuilding a fire. We need to do that more often. There's something irreplaceable in a scene of good friends just comfortable in each other's presence and happy to be together.
--Saturday night, I went up to Adrienne's room for an all-out 30 min. game of Twister (Sophie and I tied once we became too entangled to move) and a thoroughly girly dance party. I love having girl only dorms--it yields so many great pictures. :)
--Last night was Ted's half birthday and the guys all came and serenaded her at the window in the freezing cold. You guys make us feel like such princesses when you go out of your way to serve us like that. The little things you do speak so eloquently to the strength of your character. We girls are very spoiled to have such gentlemen for friends; you help us in turn to live according to a higher standard and to expect that out of the other men we meet outside of our wonderful little "bubble."
--I watched the "Exorcism of Emily Rose" last Friday. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, and it was pretty scary. However, the scare scenes were not gratuitous and were very tastefully done (no gore for the sake of it or immodesty). Though it was pretty jarring (a good reminder to keep up a good relationship with my guardian angel), it was rewarding to see yet another movie that makes it hard to ignore questions like, "Is there a God? Does the devil exist? And if it's all true, what does that mean for me and for my life?" The media could do so much good in America. I only pray for the support of the people who are trying to help it to actualize that potential. I love true art.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend, Kel! You deserved it. It was a nice one, wasn't it? I loved the Twister shout-out! :o) That was hilarious!

2/07/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger coiledrose said...

Awesome weekend, I'm so glad I came for a visit. I'll be seeing you all again March 10-12!!! Thanks Kel for letting me crash in your room. I had so much fun I didn't want to go home!

2/07/2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Donna-Katie said...

I would just like to say that A.J. and T.J. were the ONLY ones of "our guys" to show up to MY half-birthday singing last night.

Sigh... I'm bummed.

2/09/2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home