Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thesising

At this school, we don't complete a thesis [noun]. We thesis [action verb]. It's long enough and drawn out enough to qualify a state of being, definitely a state of mind. Of course that state of mind borders on monomania but we won't talk about that. Clearly I'm not affected since I'm writing a blog about thesising when I could be doing much better things, like thesising.

Anyhow, mine is currently 39 pages long (the minimum is 40 pages) and a chapter too short. I'll be working on that this weekend before my Monday due date. The last chapter should be the easiest though because I don't have to read more feminist propaganda to complete it. :) Keep praying! I know it won't be the illuminative masterpiece of the age, but I would like it to be scholarly and logically sound as much as possible. Oh, lucidity would be good too.

My friends have been wonderful this week. I love living in a tight knit community with thoughtful Christian friends. They bring me flowers, treats, hugs, and good wishes often. Best of all they pray for me. With a support group like that it makes mountains into mole-hills. Mole-hill are big enough problems to deal with anyhow. Thank you to any of you reading this who have taken the time to stop your own very busy lives for a second, look me in the eyes, and sincerely ask how my day went and how I'm doing. It means so much. Generosity is sorely lacking in our society--especially generosity of time and interest. However, it can make someone's day a bit brighter and more hopeful. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Keep on thesising, Kel! You're almost done and then we can celebrate! And enjoy the candy I got for you! Hope it helps! :o)

Addie

4/10/2006 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Ted said...

Yeah, well, I'm a bit late in reading this, but from now on I should be a bit better at reading people's blogs because that is how I will find out what they are doing...I didn't have to read your blog to know you were thesising!! Ha!! ; )

Love you, and I am proud of your finished thesis and of your diploma!

5/16/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home