Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Do Exist

Hello my friends. I typed a fun update on my life but my blog ate it. I have no time to retype it in full but here's the basic version...

I've had a lovely time hanging out with my family the last couple weeks. We went to Cape May last weekend and enjoyed spending a few days wandering around a fun new area. My uncle has a beach house barely a block from the beach. However, it was closed because during this week hundreds of horseshoe crabs crawl up onto the beach to lay their eggs. Then, thousands of seabirds make a pit stop mid-migration to snack on the eggs. It is an event that attracts bird watchers from all over the world. Pretty cool.

Next week I'm off to FOCUS training. I'm mostly over the "completely daunted" stage (ask me again Monday) and just really excited about facing new challenges and meeting new people excited about their faith. Of course leaving behind my family, Larry, friends, and everything familiar will be hard though. I'm also excited about the classes I get to take--I know, I'm pathetic. Barely two weeks after ending a crazy semester and I'm already missing being challenged intellectually and have been diving into C. S. Lewis, Chesterton, and Flannery O'Conner to satiate my craving. :) For updates on FOCUS life see my new blog: http://MeetTheUnknownGod.blogspot.com . I'll still probably post here off and on too. That site will be for FOCUS specific stuff to update friends and donors [not that those groups need be mutually exclusive!] Pray for me!

I hope you all are enjoying a lovely summer thus far. Keep in touch!

3 Comments:

Anonymous michele said...

Awesome!! I'll be checking it out. You are in my prayers. Do you have a specific prayer you'd like us to pray for you? I think that would be a nice way to link us to you and each other. Pray for us as well!!

5/29/2006 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madre Mary Taylor says Hi!!

6/23/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger 測逤 said...

goodjob!........................................

2/02/2010 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home